Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA Docking Station with Dual 2.5"/3.5" HDD/SDD - Model EC-DSK2

• Tech specs say it is compatible with MOST systems,  but only mention Windows and Mac.

Is it compatible with Linux / Unix systems and also NAS systems ?

Does it support btrfs, zfs ext4, etc.,  for reading/writing backups, copying and cloning ?

• @Aleks G It looks like this device currently uses the ASM1156 chipset so you may be able to check that for support. A general search seems to suggest support is uneven. I will ask the team, anyway, but my advice would be to start there.

• Sabrent- Just plugged in my 4Bay 3.5 HD Docking station and it is not appearing in my registry? Drive is in, powered up great, connected to desktop properly but nothing. The light is blue and the fan is going but unable to locate it? Can you give me direction? Thx

• I have loaded all 4 bays with drives and my system is not seeing it. I switched the docking station to a laptop and it does not see it either?

• @Jeff morris Make sure the drives are not allocated to Windows Storage Spaces. Then you can prepare the drives in Disk Management.

• @Sabrent I am a bit unfamiliar with doing that, so can you tell em how? Thx

• snippet of disk management which I believe shows them as unallocated? 

• Unfortunately, I will be sending this back if I am not able to get the pathway corrected so the drives will work. Hope to hear from you today!

• @Jeff morris Partitions don't have drive letters by default, you have to assign them. Each of four drives has a 3721.42GB partition which could be right-clicked for assignment, if that is your goal.

• Appreciate the response. Unfortuantely the 3721.42GB partition is not allowing me to right-click and assign a drive. Everything is grayed out with no formatting available nor assigning a drive, so I'm at a loss🤥

• @Jeff morris I'm confused as to why each drive has the exact same partition layout. I am not sure what your intention is with these drives and if there is any data on them. If the drives are clear and intended to be used independently, you can make a singular partition with a drive letter in Disk Management or a free program like MiniTool Partition Wizard.

• HI, these drives are WD Purple which came out of a surveylance system we upgraded the drives on. They have no current data on them and I was intending to use them as individual backup drives, thus the 4 disk docking bay purchase. As for the creating a singular partition with a drive letter in disk mgmnt, I was not ablt to have that option within DM available. It too was grayed out. I currently have out IT support with the drives and the docking station to etermine if it's the docking station, the drives or a combination of them both. I will let you know that outcome here this coming week.

• @Jeff morris It should be a relatively simple matter, it's possible the surveillance system formatted them this way. Hopefully support can fix that easily.