EC-SSHD (Older model) applied Firmware upgrade -- Acronis will not Clone

• @Sabrent  I have the simple EC-SSHD  USB to SATA adapter. I have used your Acronis software before successfully, -- possibly before 2021,  to clone a ssd device for an upgrade.

Today 12-30-2023, I downloaded the latest sabrent acronis. I tried it again for a different computer with a samsung 850 EVO ssd.  At first, I got the "check your firmware error cannot find sabrent device error, --try firmware upgrade".

I downloaded the firmware upgrade and installed via JMS583_FWUpdate_Utility_v1_0_0_8.exe. as recommended by Sabrent support. After running 2x . 2nd time I got "the product is up to date" message.

I assume the firmware fix took OK.   But it did not help !!   ReRan Acronis and it    still did not find sabrent and said "update firmware" error message again.  Can You help me. ** The Product + software are not working as advertised.    Thanks.

Another customer in another thread had the same problem, but with a different sabrent device.  

• @Zippy Flagmaster The Acronis software checks the hardware string to make sure the device is one from Sabrent. You may be able to confirm the string and chipset with USB Device Tree Viewer. The EC-SSHD can also come with an ASMedia chipset. In either case, support should have the appropriate firmware, but it has to match the device