Has there ever been a factory mix up where SB-ROCKET-1TB M.2's got labelled and packed as SB-ROCKET-2TB?

• Today I received a new sealed SB-ROCKET-2TB from an eBay seller, who has a good reputation, that actually reports as 1TB when plugged in.

I have other SB-ROCKET M.2's to compare it to and this one looks legit. Packaging and labels all look good.

Has there ever been a disclosed/confirmed factory mix up where 1TB's have been packaged as 2TB's?

I have opened a support case which gives the serial numbers (the one on the box and the one that is reported electronically) and am waiting to hear back still.

The only other odd thing is the firmware version. This one reports it's firmware as RKT303.4. Whereas, my other SB-ROCKET-1TB and SB-ROCKET-2TB, which were purchased from Amazon (direct), report their firmware versions as RKT343.4 and/or RKT343.2.

Is RKT303.4 a valid firmware for a SB-ROCKET-xTB?

Any thoughts?

M

• Update... It is now reporting as 2TB.

I took it off the StarTech PEX4M2E1 M.2 to PCIe adapter and put it into a Sabrent EC-SNVE USB 3 M.2 Enclosure. It correctly reported as 2TB and Windows was able to format it.

I put it back on the StarTech adapter and it continues to report as 2TB.

Crystal Disk Info - Incorrectly reporting as 1TB

Crystal Disk Info - Incorrectly reporting as 1TB

Crystal Disk Info - Correctly reporting as 2TB

Crystal Disk Info - Correctly reporting as 2TB

H2TestW write & verify of the full 2TB

H2TestW write & verify of the full 2TB

Very odd.

• @mc1903 Looks like the string reported to Windows (CDI) was incorrect. Incorrect strings do happen in rare cases but is usually fixed quickly and before selling.