Rocket Nano Disassembly

• So I actually orderd the Rocket Nano for primarily the SSD. The external drive was cheaper than the internal drive and it comes with a 42 mm m.2 drive interface.

I have been trying to figure out exactly where the screw is to disassemble the new version of the drive. I saw some teardown pictures online before I ordered, but the version of the drive that I got does not have the corresponding stickers on the back.

Could anyone at the company help me with the cover removal?

• @Ma Ar I have asked about this, and this is the information I have received:

Opening and modifying the drive may void your warranty so be aware and be careful. There are multiple versions of the Nano. The way to open them lies under the Rocket logo opposite the side of the USB-C port.

• Thanks for the answer. I thought that might have been how to get in but I was having trouble getting under the logo.

I am actually a certified technician and know how to make repair on boards at the component level. 

And actually, under US law disassembling a product does not void a warranty. The manufacturer needs to prove the product was damaged to invalidate the warranty on a product. ACTUALLY it is ILLEGAL for a company to even claim that a warranty will be invalidated by simply opening or disasembling a product. In practice though, the FTC will generally just send a warning to a company for making these claims. In any case, I would check with your legal department or a lawyer regarding making these statements to your customers. This is one of those widely repeated lies that everyone assumes to be true without ANY basis in actual law and is a big hurdle that independant repair shops (and just generally anyone that wants to learn more) have to overcome. 

Regardless. Thanks for the answer about disassembly.

• @Ma Ar I am aware of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and general Right to Repair legislation. We do not have a "warranty void if broken" seal on this product and we make our warranty provisions clear, although local laws may vary. We advise users to be careful not to damage the internal drive if engaging in modification. Good luck and I hope the provided information has been useful.