4-bay Sabrent (Model DS-SC4B)

• I have a 4-bay Sabrent connect to a Mac Studio. I have 2 10TB drives in the Sabrent. When I put the Mac to sleep the Sabrent seems to go to sleep but after about 20 mins it wakes up for a few mins then goes back to sleep. It keeps doing this. I turned off all the options I can find to keep the Mac asleep but the Sabrent will wake up again and again. (the blue lights come on on the hard drives also).

I disconnect the Sabrent from the Mac after un-mounting the hard drives and also disconnect the USB 3 cable from the Mac and the Sabrent will stay asleep. Something on the Mac Studio seems to be causing the Sabrent to wake up even though the Mac stays asleep. Is this a bug in Apple's OS do you think? Or something else?

Short of unmounting and disconnecting the Sabrent every time I want the Mac to sleep I don't know what to do.

Thank you!

David

• @David Palermo I would recommend posting in Apple's community/forum to see if it is a specific known issue which may have a fix/workaround. It does seem Monterey has some issues with this, possibly from DarkWake which I think can be tracked with logs.