Rocket 4 Plus G Directstorage support

• I recently upgraded to the R4PG specifically to play Forspoken and try out the Directstorage tech for PC. I'm running it on a 2022 ASUS Strix laptop with a 3080 GPU. When using the Win11 Gamebar, the Directstorage info states that the drive is not optimized for Directstorage.

The C/D(restore) drive is one drive (R4PG). Ran a speed test and it's blazing fast, so I'm not sure why Win11 sees this as a "non-NVMe drive"

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

• @E Moore DirectStorage requires Microsoft's stock NVMe driver at this time. It's possible that Intel RST is taking over management of the drive. Normally the SSD's controller will be listed under "Storage controllers" in Device Manager.

• I was able to uninstall the Intel VMD controller drivers, disable the VMD in my BIOS, and restart in Safemode to reboot into getting the Microsoft stock NVMe controller driver. Additionally, there were two BypassIO blockers, ngscan (related to the Acronis software) and mbamfarflt (related to Malwarebytes). Once uninstalled the Acronis software and disabled one aspect of the Malwarebytes software...all was good!

The C/D(restore) drive is one drive (R4PG). I hope Intel updates its drivers in the future. Thanks @Sabrent for guiding me in the right direction to resolve this. I have a feeling a LOT of people will be running into this.

• @E Moore After your original post we did test this and arrived at the same methodology. I appreciate you posting back the full steps you had to take. This is something we expected and it will likely be an issue for many users, which is unfortunate.