SABRENT Hard Drive Docking Station - not detected in Windows 11

• SATA HDD inserted into docking station.
    USB cable connected.
    Power connected, blue light on and blinking.
    HDD is spinning.
    But it is not detected in Windows 11 under This PC.

Is this compatible with all SATA HDDs?
    Western Digital / Seagate / Samsung.

• @sheepsqueez0r The drive should show in some applications, such as Disk Management, but not necessarily with a drive letter depending on its state.

• I have the same frustration and have found a lot of internet references to the problem...but no solutions.  Please provide a step-by-step guide to getting my EC-DFLT to be accessible on Windows 11.  Windows Explorer - nothing shows.  The unit spins up and the blue light is on.  Please advise as to Sabrent's user interface fix.

• @mhkgreer As mentioned in the previous post, the drive will be available in Disk Management for formatting, partitioning, and drive letter assignment when powered on. The drive will be accessible in Windows Explorer once assigned a drive letter.

• Thanks.  I'm trying to recover files from a hard drive removed from another computer.  My understanding is that if I 'initialize' the drive, it will overwrite / destroy all my files.  Is that not correct?  My recovered drive will not be damaged by formatting, partitioning and assigning a drive letter?  

• @mhkgreer It's possible a firmware update would help. You can get this from technical support or from a link given below, but the chipset used must be known. USB Device Tree Viewer can help you derive the chipset and you can use the appropriate firmware.

• Thank you.  This is a small step forward... Please be specific.  Using the Tree Viewer...how do I derive the chipset???  I don't see a "chipset" indicator.  If I need "technical support" that you cannot provide ...please be explicit and give me a specific SABRENT point of contact.

• @mhkgreer You can reach customer support from our main page. They may be able to give you more precise instructions. The idea is that you can identify the hardware in the enclosure with that application and can choose the right firmware, and that application simply lists all the USB devices on your system. This might be challenging in some cases but they can help. Thank you.