EC-KSL3-EU stock firmware

• Hello.

My EC-KSL3 came with firmware 124.03.00.01. I was unable to use read S.M.A.R.T data off it, so I thought I'd experiment around with other firmware to see if I can get it working somehow, but forgot to backup the stock firmware before doing so. Now I'm stuck with 00.01.01.04 and on pins and needles & wondering if something might go wrong. Is it possible to download the stock firmware? The Sabrent Update Tool thinks my product is up to date, which I know it isn't.

Also, would some other firmware for JMS578 such as 124.01.00.02 work just as well?

Thanks.

• @akay Should be okay, but please contact customer support with this information on our website if concerns remain.

• I did, but was told there was no "firmware update available" and that "firmware availability depends on the manufacturing batch of the item". I appreciate the answers, but I wasn't asking for any updates, just the default firmware my product came with, so I could restore it, but I guess this is just another way of saying "we won't make the firmware publicly available or send to anyone, so try your chance online, or dump it from an unmodified product"? I mean, I understand, but since the aforementioned method is always available to anyone, and it can be returned to Amazon afterwards, it seems to just serve as an inconvenience.

Still, I appreciate the answers, both yours and customer support's.

• @akay We do sometimes offer the firmware, but it depends on the chipset being used. Some products have/use multiple chipsets over time. Sometimes this can be determined with USB Device Tree Viewer, but that's not always 100% accurate. You may be able to get the firmware elsewhere but if this is messed up in some way we may not have a fix for it.

• The V:P is 152d:a578 - it's how I determined it to be JMS578, and didn't alter it. And the firmware version was 124.03.00.01