Rocket 4 Plus G Thermal Performance With Motherboard Heatsink

• Hi, I'm considering picking up the 2TB Rocket 4 Plus G, but my motherboard has a built-in, non-removable heatsink around its M.2 slot that also does not have enough clearance width-wise to fit the Sabrent NVME heatsink (~1mm too small based on my measurments).

I'm just wondering if this would hurt the performance of this SSD at all while under load? Is it likely that this heatsink would be able to keep up with the heat generated, or might I run into issues with this drive?

I typically see my current drive (Samsung 970 Evo Plus) hit ~65-70C under load, sometimes a bit more during a long sustained write operation (can't recall seeing it over 75C or so though).

This is my motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI|AORUS - GIGABYTE Global

• @PseudoPsyche I'm not sure what you mean width-wise. It looks like you can use the motherboard's M.2 heatsink just fine with our bare (label-only) drive. The heatspreader is optional.

• Yes, sorry, that's more my question: will using the mothboard's M.2 heatsink see any possible issues with performance for this drive? I get the impression this drive will likely run hotter than my current PCIe3 drive, which already hits ~65-70C under sustained load. Should I be concerned that my on-board heatsink may not be able to keep up with the heat generated from this PCIe4 drive?

• @PseudoPsyche This drive may run hotter although it is fine up to 80C or more. The 970 EVO Plus is known to run hot. For normal use you should be fine.