I’m hoping to find information ASAP on the time-sensitive questions below. I’m a professional, commercial photographer with a very high profile, imminent photo shoot.
I am in search of a hub or docking station that
1. Allows a USB C data connection with my Dell Inspiron Laptop/Win10 (non-Thunderbolt)
2. Has two or (preferably) three additional USB C ports that allow data transfer.
3. I have no power delivery requirements
Here’s my setup:
1. I have 3 external devices, each with a USB C port
---a. Nikon Z9 camera (Nikon flagship). The USB C port is both data and PD capable.
---b. Two external SSDs, each with USB C ports.
2. I currently use another small hub that has the right ports, but it is unreliable, and will go offline randomly/unpredictably.
I am slated to shoot the executive team (headshots) of a billion-dollar company in the immediate future. I need to find a hub/docking station that will meet my requirements. I’m hoping yours does.
When shooting tethered, camera and laptop are connected via USB C. All data transfer from camera is stored on one of the SSDs. The other SSD is used as backup disk. No data is stored on the laptop’s internal SSD.
I’m looking at the SABRENT USB Type C Dual 4K Universal Docking Station with USB C Power Delivery (DS-WSPD), which I believe has a total of three USB C ports.
1. Which port on the Sabrent dock is used to connect with my laptop?
2. Can the USB C port on the Sabrent dock connect with my laptop? Specifically for data (not interested in power).
3. Is the USB C PD port on the dock strictly for power, or will transfer data as well?
4. If the Sabrent model I have mentioned doesn’t have the set of ports I need, do you have another Sabrent hub/dock you can recommend?
Hoping for a quick answer. Thank you.