EC-WPTF Firmware?

• Hi, I can't seem to locate any firmware, either current or past versions, for this enclosure anywhere on the Sabrent website. There's no mention of firmware on the product page, the support > downloads page, nor any mention of 'EC-WPTF' here on the forum. The only download available for this enclosure is the user manual PDF.

Could you direct me to a download link for the latest Realtek 9210b firmware for this enclosure?

Current firmware version on enclosure: U221006 (not sure how this translates to the standard Realtek firmware version numbering scheme - see below).

Latest 9210b chipset firmware from other vendor: RTL9210B_v1.32.16.010923

Thanks!

• @Mark W If you are experiencing issues with your unit, please contact technical support to see if they have any updated firmware available. Thank you.

• Appreciate the reply. No major issues being experienced, but I do see the power cycles count on the SSD increasing rapidly if the drive is left plugged in. The reason for this is because the enclosure goes to sleep and then wakes up again when the OS accesses the drive, which happens continuously. I would like to find the most up-to-date firmware so I can update the enclosure at the same time that I change the configuration file to disable the sleep functionality. I don't need it to sleep. If I wanted it to save power, I'd simply unplug it. :)

The drive that is in it doesn't produce much heat either, so I can afford to leave it plugged in without worry of heat-soaking the enclosure. It idles at around 38C

Could you let me know how to get in touch with technical support? I don't see links anywhere on the Sabrent site.

Thanks! :)

• @Mark W I know users have made custom firmware to tweak the sleep timer and such but officially we have not touched that. Sometimes there are issues with OS or UEFI power management settings, too. Customer support can be found at this link.