SB-TB4K PD Power

• I did send this off to support via the chat link - but thought we should have a topic here that's searchable for everyone that has purchased Sabrent's Thunderbolt 4 KVM.

The posting on several sites states "You can also conveniently charge one or both devices with Power Delivery support at up to 60 watts each."

This past weekend, my M2 Mac Mini was the active device all weekend.  Monday morning, I switch back to my Lenovo Thinkpad (T14 Gen 4 AMD) and the battery was dead.  Both devices have TB4 support (this is the first generation that Lenovo has added this support).

I had held off on buying the SB-TB4K due to the reports of people having their desktop system boards fried when switching from a PD powered device to their desktop - and saw that Sabrent had updated their firmware to protect the non-compliant devices about 6 months ago - and not seeing any like reports since they updated their firmware.

Looking forward to hearing if this scenario can be fixed or not.

• And I just received an email back from Israel in Sabrent Tech support:

Thank you for contacting Sabrent Tech Support. I'm glad to assist you today.

Based on the specifications of the KVM the unit provides power to the computer in use only, unfortunately, the KVM does not provide to both computers at the same time.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need additional assistance.

==========================

Well, that's certainly disappointing - and also highlights that the information you've posted on your Amazon storefront is fraudulent.  Debating if I'll return this now....I could workaround it by switching the connector to the non-powered port and powering the laptop separately, I suppose.

Sabrent - you need to update your listings for these devices to remove the verbiage that both devices can be powered at the same time.

• @Steven Fischer We've clarified on the table listing that it can charge either device but only one at a time.

• You also sell the USB-CKDH for a fraction of the price (only $170 CDN) - but it appears to do everything that the more expensive TB4 KVM does?

It also states on your Amazon storefront:  "You can also conveniently charge one or both devices with Power Delivery support at up to 60 watts each."

So, does it actually power both units at the same time???

• https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0C74SWVD5 is your item listing on the Canadian Amazon store.  It does still state:

• Control two computers or devices with just one mouse and one keyboard via two USB-A 2.0 ports. Output to one or two monitors with two USB-C inputs and two HDMI outputs. You can also conveniently charge one or both devices with Power Delivery support at up to 60 watts each.

You really need to be explicit that only the active device is charging.

• @Steven Fischer Looking into this, thank you for the feedback. We will be fixing the listings.