I Need Assistance with Sabrent USB-C Hub and Storage Expansion Suggestions.

• Hello everyone 🙂

I hope that everything is good on your end; I purchased a Sabrent USB C hub Model HB T3HP recently in an attempt to arrange my workspace and connect multiple devices to my laptop, MacBook Pro M1, 2021. Despite the fact that the hub is great for most of my purposes, I have been having some issues; I am hoping the community or the support team can provide some advice.

I utilize my 1TB Sabrent external SSD for file storage and data-intensive programs. This SSD is connected to the hub; but when transferring big files; I have found that it disconnects and reconnects a lot. Because it impedes my workflow and occasionally taints the transfer procedure; it can be rather annoying. I have attempted utilizing various hub ports; but the problem still exists. I think the hub could be the problem because the SSD functions perfectly when it is attached directly to the laptop.

Has anyone else have such issues with external disks and the Sabrent USB C hub? Exist any suggested configurations or firmware upgrades that could assist in resolving this?

My external 4K monitor; a Dell U2720Q; connects to the HDMI connection on the hub; however there a small lag. Although there a significant delay, the video output functions well, especially when I am editing videos or using graphic intensive applications. I do not think the cable is the problem because I am using a top notch HDMI 2.1 cable. Is there a way to resolve this; & is there a restriction on the hub bandwidth when several devices are connected?

I would be grateful if someone could solve this issue or suggest a better configuration for the video output.
    I am thinking of expanding my storage. Using a PCIe Gen 3 NVMe drive; I have been eyeing the sabrent Rocket 4 Plus SSDs for my desktop PC build. Though my process involves a lot of 4K video editing and massive data transfers, I'm not sure if it is worth upgrading to PCIe Gen 4. I am interested in the 2TB or 4TB possibilities. For these kinds of jobs, is there a discernible performance improvement, or should I continue using a Gen 3 drive and save money?

It would be really beneficial to hear about any experiences or suggestions about Rocket 4 Plus SSDs for use in professional applications.

I have a 4K monitor; wireless mouse; external SSD; and sometimes a USB A keyboard in my hub configuration right now.

I have installed the most recent firmware updates for the MacBook Pro, SSD, and hub.

My main use cases include data-intensive apps; graphic design; and video editing.

Also I explored some topics related to this https://sabrent.com/community/xenforum/topic/142854/can-t-update-firmware-of-salesforceadministrator-rocket-nvme4-2tb-with-sabrent-control but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

I appreciate your help in advance. I adore sabrent products and have had nothing but positive experiences with them thus far, these problems are simply a little issue. 

• @xanthe7585 You will have to clarify which hub. I'm not aware of that specific model, but it might be a typo. As for the Rocket 4 Plus, don't confuse it with the Rocket 4 (old), Rocket 4 (new), or Rocket 4 Plus-G. Unfortunately, that naming is a bit confusing. The original flagship Rocket 4 Plus has been well-received and remains a good drive. I would not recommend a Gen 3 drive.