EC-DFLT

• hi. i have a SERIOUS problem. the drive works perfectly with 2TB disks, but when i use a 4TB disk it does not detect it. when i try to update the firmware, it detects the reader as SABRENT SCSI Disk Device and does not run the update program. any idea how to fix this?

• @kturro chamorro Have to tried to update the firmware while it's using a working 2TB disk?

• @Sabrent

Yes, of course. The point is that the firmware that is downloaded from your page does not detect the device. attached screenshot. I am quite disappointed with this product to be honest. In my opinion the construction and materials are fine for a device that will be in my workstation, but that it will not read a 4tb hard drive in 2023 is absurd, more when on their website they promote that it supports up to 20TB.

• @Sabrent Yes, of course. The point is that the firmware that is downloaded from your page does not detect the device. attached screenshot. I am quite disappointed with this product to be honest. In my opinion the construction and materials are fine for a device that will be in my workstation, but that it will not read a 4tb hard drive in 2023 is absurd, more when on their website they promote that it supports up to 20TB.Firmware soft

• @kturro chamorro The EC-DFLT can and does support larger drives. There is potentially some other problem. You likely require specific firmware which can be provided by the technical support team. Check my most recent reply here for information.

• I just received my EC-DFLT today and it won't recognize any of my drives. From 3TB to 8TB to 20TB. Running Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1. All drives formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I purchased this docking station because I read that it supported Mac OSX and was plug and play. Is this not the case? Please help.

• @matt mcguinness Contact customer support through the link at the bottom of our main page. They should have a firmware update that will get you straight.

• @matt mcguinness

exactly this happens to me and according to what I have read to many others. could you check if in the device manager it detects the unit as SCSI? if so @sabrent does not know that their units are being sold with different chips and that is why there is no updated firmware for that purpose. I am very frustrated with this purchase. I have posted many questions and the answers from this forum are useless. I hope they can fix it soon because my job is affected by this unpleasant situation.

• Hi @Sabrent. i would like to know what happened to my request? it has been more than 10 days since the last communication and nothing has been answered. I am a bit frustrated with the situation because I feel that the technical support system is not working and I am still experiencing the same type of problems with the purchased unit. I would appreciate a response soon. 

• @Sabrent Hello, I attach the screenshot of the tool that you provided me in order to solve the compatibility problem with disks larger than 2TB. USB DEVICE TREE VIEWER

• @kturro chamorro Thank you. That looks to be the Via Labs VL715 USB to SATA bridge controller. This information should help you when contacting customer service through our main site to get the appropriate updated firmware.

• i am very dissatisfied with the service provided by you. i have been trying for more than 3 months to get you to solve a damn problem that you have created and i have written in MANY of the threads in the forum and you do not solve my problem. i do not know who to contact and i do not know what else to do because the damn device is still not working. what should i do?

• @kturro chamorro I have deleted your posts that included swearing. As detailed in the sticky in this forum, the proper path is to contact Customer Service on this website where they provide >2TB firmware if it is needed. This has worked for other users. The drive should show in UEFI, Device Manager, and Disk Management. If it does and is not formatting properly, DiskPart is required. If this does not work for you, I advise returning the product.

• @Sabrent

but don't you think that SABRENT should be the one to provide an automatic tool to do this? let's see, i am not an expert in technology, and i have no idea how to do what you are telling me, moreover, i think the mediocrity with which you are handling this issue is ridiculous. i just need the sales promise to be fulfilled. these crappy drives do not accept capacities larger than 2TB and this is only your fault. The rest of your users also report the same problem.