EC-SNVE - Fimrware Update Required???

• Firstly its insane one cant write out the question and copy and paste into this text field. Forcing me to waste time and retype my question. Talk about lack of proper planning.

I have 3 of these EC-SNVE enclosures. 2 purchased in 2023 and 1 in 2021. 

The firmware update for download on the Sabrent site is dated 2022.

Want to know if I really need the update and how to determine that? I looked at the software application and it auto loads a bin file. But that software does not tell you which version is currently installed. That seems to be a weakness of the software forcing me to waste time seeking help.

If I need to do the update, do I remove the NVME drive before the update? 

Thanks. BTW please make this more efficient that it currently is. 

• Support is lacking here. I got the proper info from the Plugable site, which actually has update instrucitions as part of their ZIP file. The NVME should be removed before a firmware update.  Both brands use a RealTek chipset and the update software is actually from RealTek for BOTH. After reading the instructions., the software shows the current firmware version on the bottom right of the screen.

Now I have 1 EC-SNVE from 2021 with version 1.235, another one from 2023 with 1.235 and one from 2023 with 1.291. The latest bin from Sabrent shows what is avaialble for upload is version 1.25.7.032421. So where do I get 1.291 (which shipped with one of the recently purhcased drives but not the other??? Looks like Sabrent sold me an old stock drive in 2023. 

I need answers. 

• @W W 

Hello, 

Sorry for the short delay. For more rapid support, you can always reach out to our customer support team Mon-Fri 9:00 - 17:00 EST.

We looked into your question and were able to attain a new firmware revision for you to use to update all of your EC-SNVEs. This update includes fixes for compatibility in certain scenarios, including use with the Samsung 980 Pro. Specific inventory shipped depends on region and seller. 

FW download link (old): https://www.dropbox.com/s/n58ghhj7j238fhy/UTHSB_MPtool_for%20Sabrent_8307_v1.30.28.rar?dl=0 

Edit: Since this has been posted, we have released a newer firmware update which also resolves USB link instability observed in select SSD models when utilized in conjunction with Linux-based PCs, including the Solidigm P41 Plus.

You can download the new firmware here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6p2iprwvbqvzf4c49fdoz/EC-SNVE-FW-Update-v1.32.87.082923.zip?rlkey=8ybi7gocgj6kksk6zq86eid04&dl=0 

If you have any questions, please let us know and we will try to clarify. 

Best regards, 
    Sabrent

• @The Sabrent Informer Can you have this updated firmware posted to the official Downloads page for the EC-SNVE? The latest update there shows as v1.25.7.032421 from 2021, while the one you shared is v1.30.28.081022 from 2022.

• @SSD We have specialized firmware to handle specific issues if they arise. However, it might be possible to offer this update more broadly. Thank you for the feedback.

• @Sabrent Hi, I've been using this enclosure since 2021 as a secondary OS (WinToUSB) and keep it running most of the time. However, sometimes when I try to wake up the PC from Standby it doesn't respond and when restarting, I get a pop-up window from WinToUSB that the external drive shouldn't be ejected while running the OS. That's why I configured the usb ports not to go to sleep, but still it happens sometimes...

Will the firmware update fix this random disconnect issue? 

• @Carlos Araki It may require settings both in the OS and BIOS/UEFI. If problems persist, you can download or request from technical support a firmware update, if available. Customized user firmwares may exist for specific problems like this, although we do not officially recommend/support that.

• Hello there! I was wondering if it's possible to get the latest firmware for this enclosure? When I purchased it, it came with 1.27 firmware and I updated to 1.30 linked above. I noticed that the latest on your downloads page is only 1.25. Is there anywhere I can get all firmware (current and previous) versions? Or just the latest? Thank you!

• My laptop does not recognize the Sabrent EC-SNVE enclosure (RTL9210B bridge) when I plug my Corsair MP600 Pro XT 4TB with Phison E18 controller. However, my old desktop with exactly the same operating system (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 21H2) did recognize it and work with it normally. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the firmware of sabrent or the firmware of the NVME drive itself, but looks like it's RTL9210B issue, because I have another enclosure from SSK with the same RTL9210B bridge, which exibit exactly the same issue: working with desktop, NOT working with laptop. Other smaller, different controller NVME drives work ok on both laptop and desktop. @The Sabrent Informer please look into this issue. I know this is a tough one.

• @The Sabrent Informer Additional detail: when it works normally, the Sabrent enclosure was recognized as "Sabrent SCSI drive", and when it's NOT recognized correctly, it's "Sabrent USB drive" in Windows's Device Manager. Of course, my attempt to force change the driver type failed.

• @Matthew Blackshaw Please contact technical support!

@Thang Ha SCSI is the correct way to identify as this enclosures uses UASP. If it says USB, it may falling back to a legacy mode which might be the issue.

• Since this has been posted, we have released a newer firmware update which also resolves USB link instability observed in select SSD models when utilized in conjunction with Linux-based PCs, including the Solidigm P41 Plus.

You can download the newest firmware here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6p2iprwvbqvzf4c49fdoz/EC-SNVE-FW-Update-v1.32.87.082923.zip?rlkey=8ybi7gocgj6kksk6zq86eid04&dl=0 

• Please provide instructions for installing 1.32.87.082923.  I ran tool and my device shows 1.32.87, now.  However, all I did was hit the update button, not realizing that the Settings>Update Parallel, Golden Binary, Firmware Update, PG, were all selected.  Moreover, PG Settings>Force Disconnect was also selected.

My EC-SNVE does not have an NVME drive in it yet, however, Windows no longer detects a D: in explorer where it used to detect the Sabrent.  However, I can still 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' the Sabrent. 

Is my drive performing fine or is there a problem.  Is it safe to install an NVME into the drive at this point.

What information should be in the PG data entry window under PID (Hex), Serial Num, VID (Hex)?

Thank you in advance.

• Also,

Acronis True Image is not detecting the drive.

• @N S There shouldn't be a drive letter unless there's an initialized drive in the enclosure. AN uninitialized drive should show up in Device Manager and/or Disk Management, though, and the enclosure as a SCSI (UASP) device may show in Device Manager.