USB-CKDH KVM switch issue with GPU

• Hello

I've connected my laptop and my desktop with the USB-CKDH KVM switch. I have no issue with my laptop using the KVM switch, but when I switch to my desktop, I cannot get the monitor display to work. 

I have a separate GPU on my desktop and pre-KVM switch, the monitor is connected to the GPU instead of the motherboard. The KVM switch only allows a USB-C input from the desktop, so I cannot connect both the GPU and the motherboard directly to the KVM switch. I tried to add an HDMI and USB-C adaptor to the KVM switch, but that didn't work either. I am unsure if the adaptor I have is broken or if it's the issue with the KVM switch.

Is there another way to solve this (e.g., 2 HDMI input to my monitor), or is the only option to get another KVM switch that allows both HDMI and USBC input?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. 

• @Chengzi Chew I am having some difficulty picturing your setup and what you are trying to do. However, I can tell you that any input must support DisplayPort Alternate Mode in order to work. A USB-C to HDMI adapter does this, but only in the direction of HDMI as output.  We do sell an HDMI sharing switch (DA-HSW2) but I'm not sure if this is what you need.

• My PC has an ASUS TUF B360-PRO Gaming Motherboard and an ASUS TUF RTX 2060 O6G Gaming Graphics Card. Unfortunately, neither the motherboard nor the graphics card directly support DisplayPort over USB-C. 

I think I need to purchase a USB-C adapter that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode but I need to make sure that the adapter supports the same version of DisplayPort of the KVM switch. 

Is that a better picture? Which adaptor do I need then?

• @Chengzi Chew That is correct, neither device supports DP Alt Mode. It's not possible to add that functionality in the manner described. You would need an HDMI switch to switch display. We offer that, but do not yet offer one as an entire peripheral solution, although we plan to offer one later this year or early next.