EC DFLT Firmware update - Device not recognized

• Just bought the EC DFLT drive sled. Tried both the JMicron Firmware update tool and the DS-UBLK-EC-DFLTFirmwareUpdateWINDOWS. JMicron Firmware update says "Cannot find any supported Sabrent devices" and DS-UBLK-EC-DFLTFirmwareUpdateWINDOWS ays "No avaiable device!!!". What is wrong?

A HDD drive connects and opens fine. 

Sam

• @samueltong Only update the firmware if you have issues. The EC-DFLT can have one of multiple chipsets, certain ones require contacting support for the appropriate firmware update if it's not the JMicron. USB Device Tree Viewer may assist in verifying which chipset is being used.

• I tried the USB Tree Viewer and could not find any info for the chipset.  Is there any other way I can gather this information elsewhere?

Thanks

• @Michael Souza It should also be listed in Device Manager when connected.

• @Michael Souza

I am sorry, but my post above does not show my full post.  Please see below my complete post.

I purchased the EC DFLT drive enclosure. Tried both the JMicron Firmware update tool and the DS-UBLK-EC-DFLTFirmwareUpdateWINDOWS. JMicron Firmware update says "Cannot find any supported Sabrent devices" and DS-UBLK-EC-DFLTFirmwareUpdateWINDOWS ays "No avaiable device!!!".  The HDD drive connects and opens fine but I do want to be able to update this unit as needed in the future.  I tried using USB Device Tree Viewer to find the chipset, but it did not show the chipset.  Is there a way to fix this or should I return it?  I am concernned that if I return it what is the guarantee the next one will not have the wrong chipset as well?

• @Michael S It should also be listed in Windows Device Manager since it acts like a UASP/SCSI device.

• i have same problem. ec-dflt-uk. recognised in windows 11 and 10. sabrent scsi disk in device manager. but your firmware tools dont recognise the usb drive

• @david123443212000 The FW updater only applies to EC-DFLTs that use the JMicron chipset. For ones using an ASMedia chipset instead, the firmware is either up-to-date or can be acquired through the website's technical support channel. The USB Device Tree Viewer shows USB devices and may state this with the hardware ID, such as 0x0578 for JMS578. The device will show up as Sabrent which is intentional so it works with the Acronis software.

• @Sabrent So WHICH chipsets should we be looking for in USB TREE VIEWER, if it is not JMS578??  

• @Jason C Cato Disregard.  I'm getting help via support email.

• @Jason C Cato hello... hope you are well. did you manage to receive a solution from support? if yes, could you share with us the solution?

• @Sabrent hi. i have a SERIOUS problem. the drive works perfectly with 2TB disks, but when i use a 4TB disk it does not detect it. when i try to update the firmware, it detects the reader as SABRENT SCSI Disk Device and does not run the update program. any idea how to fix this?